Monday, April 13, 2009

Rubbing alcohol stain on brown leather boots??

I used rubbing alcohol on my brown leather boots %26amp; the alcohol seeped through and stained it. Now it has black spots on it and I need to wear it tomorrow. Help?!? I looked it up and they said it%26#039;s ok to use rubbing alcohol to clean boots. But not suggested. Anyways, I%26#039;m afraid to try anything now. Sigh.

Rubbing alcohol stain on brown leather boots??
It sounds as though you have the sort of leather that absorbs easily (could be a nubuck or aniline style leather). If it has soaked up the alcohol and left stains then there is nothing that will clean it out. You could try a nubuck cloth which will remove anything left on the surface but otherwise you will have to hope that it dissipates over time. Use a protector like waterstop to waterproof them and clen on a regular basis with a nubuck cloth and they should wear in gently.



dance steps

No comments:

Post a Comment